Can you Buy Crypto with Societe Generale Bank?
The best way for French investors to securely buy cryptocurrency is by using a digital asset exchange in France regulated by ESMA and AMF. Societe Generale clients can purchase Bitcoin and other cryptos by deposing EUR to a licensed digital currency trading platform, then buying tokens directly with Euros. Selecting an exchange regulated by the Autorite des Marches Financiers is vital for regulatory compliance in the country.
How to Buy Crypto with Societe Generale Bank
As previously stated, the most secure way for Societe Generale Bank clients to acquire digital assets is through eToro. French investors can transfer funds from their accounts to eToro via several payment methods, including Bank Transfer, Credit Card, Debit Card, and PayPal.
Societe Generale Bank customers can trade over 3000 assets on eToro with this guide:
- Open a free account on eToro and complete the verification process.
- Click 'Deposit Funds', pick a method, and transfer EUR from Societe Generale Bank.
- Go to the search bar, locate the desired token, and click 'Trade'.
- Enter the amount you wish to purchase and click 'Open Trade'.
Societe Generale Bank Cryptocurrency Policy
Cryptocurrencies offer a promising opportunity for the future of finance, and Societe Generale Bank recognizes their value and potential. The bank allows its customers to access ESMA-regulated digital asset exchanges to securely trade crypto. Nothing is stated in the bank's policies prohibiting customers from transferring funds to secure digital asset trading platforms.
Deposit and Trading Fees
If you're contemplating diving into the dynamic realm of digital currencies via Societe Generale Bank, it's paramount to grasp the potential related expenses:
- Transaction Fees: Unlike many cryptocurrency exchanges that exempt deposit fees, Societe Generale Bank might charge transfer fees to trading platforms. Transactions conducted through Societe Generale Bank Credit Card may be subject to a fee, possibly up to 2%. It's advised to confirm these costs with your banking service provider.
- Investment Expenses: Most crypto investment platforms impose a spread, which is included in every transaction. This spread fluctuates depending on the specific digital currency and the platform, generally around 1%.
It's crucial to keep in mind that expenses can vary across platforms. It's always prudent to meticulously scrutinize the current expense information with your chosen investment platform and Societe Generale Bank.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, Societe Generale Bank customers who want to invest in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano have a trusted and reliable option in eToro, a platform regulated by the ESMA and the AMF. We have selected eToro for Societe Generale Bank clients due to its 24/7 multilingual customer services, French language support, low fees, user-friendly interface, and free EUR deposits to trade over 3000 assets spanning six asset classes.