Can I buy Crypto with Revolut?
Yes, it is possible to buy cryptocurrency directly on the Revolut platform. However, Revolut is not licensed or regulated in any country and stipulates this on its website. This means none of its assets are insured or secure on the platform. Additionally, it charges extremely high fees with a monthly subscription fee between £4 - £15, plus a crypto trading fee of 2% and spreads between 1% - 2%. We recommend using an FCA-licensed digital asset exchange in the United Kingdom to buy crypto, as it is a more secure and affordable method.
How to Buy Crypto with Revolut
Revolut customers can deposit over 30 fiat currencies on eToro using several payment methods, including Bank Transfers, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, PayPal, Skrill, Klarna, Sofort, Trustly, POLi and Neteller.
Begin your cryptocurrency investing journey with this short guide:
- Open a free account on eToro and complete the verification process.
- Click 'Deposit Funds', pick a method, and transfer funds from Revolut.
- Go to the search bar, locate the desired token, and click 'Trade'.
- Enter the amount you wish to purchase and click 'Open Trade'.
Revolut Cryptocurrency Policy
Revolut has shown a forward-thinking and positive stance toward cryptocurrency, reinforcing its commitment to modernising financial systems. The company offers customers the ability to buy, sell, and hold a variety of cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, among others. To democratise access to cryptocurrency, Revolut simplified the often complex process of acquiring digital assets, making it user-friendly and accessible for all. Their cryptocurrency adoption signifies an acknowledgment of the growing digital economy and a willingness to adapt to emerging technological trends.
Deposit and Trading Fees
Grasping the possible expenses involved in cryptocurrency transactions is vital. Here's a breakdown of the typical fees you might come across when buying cryptocurrency through Revolut:
- Funding Charges: Unlike crypto platforms that provide complimentary deposits, Revolut may impose specific transactional fees. It's recommended to confirm these charges directly with the service provider. Topping up your account with a credit card could lead to fees surpassing 2%.
- Trade Fees: Various crypto trading exchanges enforce a spread, fluctuating based on the crypto market, usually around 1%.
Remember, fee schedules may vary across different services. To steer clear of unforeseen costs, be sure to review your selected crypto marketplace and Revolut's pricing structure.
The Bottom Line
To recap, although Revolut does support cryptocurrency trading directly through its platform, we recommend avoiding it as it is not a secure environment to engage in crypto transactions. The best way for Revolut customers to invest in crypto is by transferring funds to a secure digital asset exchange like eToro. It is the safest and most trustworthy multi-asset exchange in the world, boasting over 3000 assets with low investment fees.